Last update: 27 June 2009
MWCC: Mac Web Control Center
MWCC is a tiny PHP framework to control your Mac via web. It presents live information and allows actions, mainly using Applescript.
This can be used to start/stop desktop actions on a computer running in server-mode (i.e. with no mouse and keyboard attached).
Some screenshots are available (the CSS can be easily customized if you don't like it ^^).
At the moment, MWCC contains the following widgets:
Important: MWCC cannot be served by the system Apache webserver, you will need something that runs as your logged-in user, like MAMP. Moreover for security reasons, MWCC should not be accessible from the internet. For more informations see the README file.
- AppMonitor: Shows which applications are running (from a given list) and allows to start/quit them
- iTunes: Switches to the previous/next iTunes song and play/pause
- Volume: Allows to set the system volume
- DirList: Shows the contents of a given directory (with optional regex filter)
- DisksUsage: Graphically shows disk usage for mounted disks and volumes
- Messages: Shows error messages generated by other widgets
Suggestion for new widgets or any other comment is welcom on the forum or by contacting me directly.
MWCC is a project by Marco Primi
Pure CSS rounded corners by Spiffy